Located in the Fair Haven Heights section of the Quinnipiac River community, the Friends Center abuts acres of protected forest and wetlands, providing a serene and inspiring backdrop for learning and discovery. Although it feels worlds apart, the Center is only a seven-minute drive from downtown New Haven, and a short walk for families living in the vibrant and diverse river community.
FCFC’s current facility includes:
- Two large, open classrooms designed to meet the needs of a range of developmental stages, including areas for: dramatic play, reading and writing, math manipulatives, science, discovery, painting and art.
- One infant classroom designed for quiet time, napping and small group activities.
- One preschool classroom designed for dramatic play, block building, story times and small group activities.
- Individual cubbies for children’s items.
- A spacious, shaded outdoor playground situated next to forested parkland and protected wetlands.
- A large kitchen for twice-daily preparation of organic, healthy snacks.
- A lawn area for outdoor activities.
- A small peace garden.